Saturday, April 19, 2014

If The Nuns Could See Me Now

Yay, it's Easter Eve!

At midnight, teh babby Jesus travels the world in his magical cart, drawn by 8 tiny rabbits and a beagle if I remember my miffology*, with the hole under the seat so he can lay eggs and M&Ms for good children all around the world as long as they are not heathens, who should be droned, but at the very least will burn in lakes of sulfur for eternity because love...

It will also be the end of Lent, and I must say I'm thrilled, bursting with pride, that I have lived up to my resolution of not going to bed sober for 6 weeks. Alas, all good thingies must end, but this one will be tough...

Traffic to work yesterday was brilliant, open roads, odd because the TwinCities commuting scene, while not as stabbishly universally recognized as say, LA, can suck econo. Curious... Oh wait, everything shuts down for a Christian holiday. Wall Street closed. Can you imagine that collection of coke-fueled monsters closing for Diwali? People at my place of work have the right to take off Good Friday. I clearly need religion. Persecuted christians my dimpled genitalia.

Just as an illustration of how amazingly cool and attractive Christianity is, when they were trying to impose their bullshit, they would Borg the area festivals and retcon some bits to appease the local population. Hence, a baby born surrounded by sheep shit, more or less the common experience of shepherds, gets flowered up with pine trees and a fabulously generous, alcoholic, probable diabetic, old dude with a habit of dressing flash. For Easter, instead of

"Jesus Fucking Christ! ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE! Whoah, dude, how long you been buried?!? Febreze or something, man!"

becomes painting eggs, treasure hunts, and CHOCOLATE!!!

The world is going to hell in an Easter basket.


* And yes, the greatest philosopher of the 20th century, barring maybe Theodore Geisel, is Charles Schultz. If you disagree, you are tragically wrong.
_______________________________

Just a few brief bits of news, as my posting habitrail has been next to non-existent.

July 29, the day before my birfday, Barenaked Ladies in Sioux Falls SD. Little goddam far to drive, 4 and a half hours, but my favorite band ever and suchlike, and probably sack out in Nebraska with teh in-laws.

This is Jaxson now, about 55#, likely to become a touch heavier but not probably expand much more. Density, etc. An issue there is that he can already kick my ass, which is a thing because I occasionally has to remind him who is alpha dog.
I love my doofuspuppy!!!

2 more weekends of overnight Saturday preventive maintenance and I ain'tn't got diddly until September. Therefore, fish, feel threatened. Imma personally endanger yer asses.

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Is there a corollary to the rules of the interdumbs that all things have been used for names for bands? Good schtuff btw.

      Delete
  2. I occasionally has to remind him who is alpha dog.

    And what do you do after he makes sure you understand which one you are?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barenaked Ladies put on a great show- lotta Kraft dinner gets thrown onto the stage. When I saw them, Billy Bragg opened up for them and the band was noticeably star-struck. One of the guys actually said, "If you had told me in high school that I'd be playing with Billy Bragg, I would have said, 'Shut up!'"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have 55 gal drums at the entry, it seems Kraft boxes are painful. They'll be overflowing with Mac n Stuff.

      That would have been a great show.

      Where I'm seeing them is a small hall, maybe 1000 seats I believe - awesome!

      Delete
  4. Paying attention, they'll be on Minne TV tonight finally and Imma try to go to the game Thurs night. Lohse is outstanding.

    Your friday post was lovely. You seems to be in fine fetid form. Happy summer to you and yerz.

    Fuck everything else. And such.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. FYF are fun to do, but it's exhausting to keep up that level of vitriol every week. I'm not Dick Cheney.

      Delete