Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Random Football Post

All opinions are my own and correct.

Wisconsin Badgers vs Ohio State Buckeyes

I'm a little surprised to see Wisconsin as a 3-4 point favorite, honestly. It's going to be brutal. On our side, it's on a neutral field, Indianapolis Lukas Oil (a city also known as Hell, the air handlers work overtime, the filters being changed every half-hour.)

  • Playing indoors, Melvin Gordon can take full advantage of a dry field.
  • Also due to being played indoors, Joel Stave's famous 'where-is-it-going' misdirection passes could find a target.
  • Our offensive line is much better than any offensive line OSU has seen this year.
In OSU's favor, they are a really good football team, JT Barrett or no.
  • The team is playing for a spot in the CFB playoffs, the oh-so-scientific way the NCAA has come up with to choose a national champeen
  • OSU will have some emotion, playing for Kosta Karageorge and Barrett
My pick - 24-21 Badgers but I would not put money on that.

Notes - The NCAA And Amphibian Molestation

As an important aside, one sort of hopes that the suicide of Karageorge can get some push into the NCAA and NFL doing something about the freakin' concussions. It won't, of course - the NCAA has a code of Omerta that the Mafia aspires to, and is one of the leading criminal organizations in the country with their wildly inconsistent rules about amateurism. The NFL is not far behind.

Speaking of the NCAA and criminal behaviour, I heard a good theory this morning about Jameis Winston, FSU QB, who is not going to be drafted as high as he is thinking. FSU will punish him, starting January 13, the day after the college championship game. He won't be back for the spring semester anyhow; he is expected to declare for the NFL draft. Speaking of the NFL and criminal behaviour, someone will draft him, but, as I said, not as high as he is thinking. 

As for the Champeenship Tourney, only one SEC team. Good, I hate 'em. I'm not particularly fond of Oregon either, but I can live with them winning out.

As far as the Heisman Trophy, it'll probably be the twerp QB from Oregon, further proving the NCAA and all sportswriters have their collective heads so far up their collective asses they use gastric depressurizations to style their combovers.

Green Bay Packers vs The Mighty Atlanta Falcons

Atlanta is feeling good, expecting to host a playoff game with a frightening 5-11 record. I'm not complaining about the NFC South - that's just how it goes. ESPN can shut the fuck up and live with it. As for the game, I expect a solid victory for the Packers. 

The Packers are the top of the NFC right now, Arizona has lost momentum. We have a chance to run the table, although I am a little concerned about Buffalo. They can play some ugly football and win, and I think could surprise someone looking past them to Detroit. As for Detroit, they have so far avoided their time-honored of imploding in Week 9, but now have reached December, with their time honored tradition of lying down like a cheap Persian Rug embroidered with a Kincade painting.

Special Note From The Management

My puppy likes to lick Punkboy cat. Okay, so my dog will have hairballs. Wevs. The Punk will take it up to the point that Jaxson attempts to swallow his head. Then it's on. Take the points on the feline.

The Minnesota Vikings - Just Cuz I Lives Here

The Queens, watching their enormous boondoggle going up in Minneapolis, have shown sparks. Although I can't document it, mostly because it is not on a document, I picked them at the beginning of the season to go 6-10. Imma revise that to 7-9. Couple more players and the patience to not brutally turn on their QB and I could see 8-8 down the road. Still not good, but. 

Zygi Wilf is a savage failure of the human experience. When he kicks it, there are not enough anti-rejection drugs on earth to allow the possibility of organ transplant. A toad, and not the good lickable kind. He believes he's Machiavelli's Prince. I suspect he's a bit more Carrot Top.

The Peterson saga is near an end, Goodell screwed up the situation to the point where any judge will reinstate him, but the MN sports market, surprisingly, has sort of said the hell with him. I suspect he doesn't play this season unless MN goes ahead tomorrow with the almost inevitable trade to the Cowboys. 

And stuff.

9 comments:

  1. Good to hear about the family pets.

    As for sportsball, BLEH. Another crap season.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like everyone else, I have the bestest kittehs and puppeh evar!

      They may disagree, based on the occasional hiss and howl.

      Delete
  2. I hope Oregon loses, quickly and badly. And that is the extent of my caring about sportsball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't even get TV in the BeerHaven you're in now. Some nice pics, boss - tell me, in your will, who gets the homestead?

      Just askin'.

      Delete
    2. I think the niece and nephew will fight over it. I hope.

      Delete
  3. Well, football doesn't get much more random than the Vikings.

    Speaking of which, the Pack can't get too complacent, even if they are on the downhill side of their season. With Dom Capers at the helm of the Defense, they are able to lose on any given gamely...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you survived that demonstration of Dom Capers' senility....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not so random football: UW-whitewater took the D-3 championship, 6th time in 8 years. It is noted that 2 ZomNephews have performed on the Whitewater team, both of them having 4 rings....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to recall UWWW has been pretty good for some time.

      Now, UWEC pretty sucked at everything...an unknown number of a lot of years ago. I didn't see too many feetsball games (Badgers were on) and the ones I went to I don't especially remember.

      Delete