- Yeti: Curse Of The Snow Demon (All the victims deserved horrible death. Ideally by cannibalism but no such luck.)
- Bigfoot (with Danny Bonaduce and Barry Williams. Wow. Star power visible from space.)
- Sweet Prudence And The Erotic Adventure Of Bigfoot (Yes, this is real. No, it was not on Saturday, I needed a joke. No, I have not seen it. One must be careful writing blog posts - google may educate.)
As the evening progressed, my wife returned after a long day on her own errands, and she settled back with me, plopping down peppers to be chopped for homemade salsa, and we just shot the shit for a while, very, very nice, had a supper of leftovers, and as 10 o'clock wound around, we fed kittehs and decided to do a movie and popcorn. Searching through On Demand, we settled on:
A Haunting At Silver Falls
It is a recent film, so I won't drop too many spoilers.
- Some pretty genuinely tense scenes, without gore or indeed much blood at all
- Quite good cinematography, shadow and color, setting and framing. They took some time with their shots
- While the 'creatures', to use a non-spoiling term, are obviously on a budget, they still beat the hell out of low-budget, poorly conceived CGI (see all the above Bigfoot films. Except maybe Sweet Pru Baby.)
- The young actors did good jobs playing teenagers, does not appear to be Dawson Casting
- The villains give pretty good evil
- Plot holes. Holy fuggit plot holes. Character motivation ran away from this script like a running, ummm, thing. No other way to put it. Not that you need to be spoonfed, but some of these things stand out in your mind like WTF?
- I really liked it! Not a worldbeater, but a genuinely fun film for a night in for a few bucks. If the opportunity comes up, take it - worry about the plot holes later. A solid E thumbs.