Saturday, April 28, 2012

Wow!, This Is Almost Ironic, Like Everything In That Shitty Song!

A few weeks back, I wrote about the habit on Broadway of making <i>Theatre</i> out of the latest popular movies, and wondered if they dare make it a challenge - do There Will Be Blood as an Alan Menken/Tim Rice vehicle with a singing mime, something, starring Cybill Shepard. Take a chance, for fuck's sake.


Well, the tagline I used was Incredibly Loud and Extremely Close, Teh Musical. Now, I don't know the first thing about the movie, only that it is hipper than I am and is supposed to be ridiculously derpressing, in the run for most depressing movie of all time with 2011 Oscar Nominee Winter's Bone and any Adam Sandler movie ever. You know, cinema to kill yerself by. No desire to see it, needs moar robots/Tie Fighters/boobies.


I have to leave for work, pulled an overnight OT deal. Which is actually, for once, good, as the wife, so cool in so many ways, has Redboxed the bastard.


Wish me luck with my PM PM. Wish her luck with her taste in film.


Work Music soundtrack:

1 comment:

  1. A few weeks back, I wrote about the habit on Broadway of making Theatre out of the latest popular movies, and wondered if they dare make it a challenge - do There Will Be Blood as an Alan Menken/Tim Rice vehicle with a singing mime, something, starring Cybill Shepard. Take a chance, for fuck's sake.

    My go-to joke is "The Bad Lieutenant: The Musical".

    ReplyDelete