Tuesday, July 30, 2013

How Lucky Can One Dude Get?

I just turned 45. Not especially overjoyed about it, as my half-wrecked body belies my age, but there you go, one of the smaller milestones. My wife is overjoyed that I am once again a full year older than her (in some mathematical realms... She'll catch up in a few weeks. Heh heh heh.) and that I can't catch her to beat her ass when she reminds me of it. Eh, it's all good...

We had a celebratory dinner, wherein I got cards from my cats (don't ask) and a couple big-ass pieces of walleye. Came home, and received my gift from my brother-in-law and parents-in-law.

 

















I started dating my wife in June 2007, still coming down from a rather hellish divorce. Major financial issues. Employment issues. Housing issues. I was at rock fucking bottom.

Since then, I have good employment, a wonderful home, started retirement accounts, going fishing with my father-in-law this weekend, and I married my dream girl. She (and her family) may not always understand what I am saying, but they understand what I am, in this example, a huge nerd, and now I have a sonic screwdriver.

Jesus H Dammit I love my life!

8 comments:

  1. Wow. Let us know if it works as advertised. (If it doesn't you'll have to hate your life.)

    P.S.: 45? Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty cool, you huge, huge nerd.

    PS. we used to have a TNG phaser remote control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday....and hey, at 45, you still qualify as a whippersnapper to me. I am 60 this year.
    Cue the Fire Dept and light the candles, that's my motto!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to ALL!

    P.S.: 45? Ha.
    Yes, dear.

    Cue the Fire Dept and light the candles
    I have an old friend who is a fire chief out in your direction - tell her hi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birfday, you big sexy nerd, you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, paleo. From a 54-year olds' perspective, you are in the prime time of your life. Nielsen ratings not included.

    ReplyDelete