*(I know, the the HuffPo? Misleading? The home of Jenny McCarthy and the Big Brain Radio Show misleading? I haz a shockeded look on meine face...)
My local morning drive show, The Grind w/ Matt McNeil, reported on it, and the guest and Mr. McNeil both talked about how sex scandals can ruin a career, using, as a key, both this and the electrical female stimulation pleasuredome sent to the woman on the planet most likely to be unaware of what female pleasure is, (or male pleasure, or pleasure in general, or any sensation not associated with having dropped enough acid to change the outcome of a world war), Michele 'No Wire Hangers' Bachmann. I disagree. To the paleophone!
I think only liberal politicians pay a price for a sex scandal. Republicans do not, at least not a real price.
- Anthony Weiner (Dumb. Did not actually physically meet the poor woman. Resigned.)
- Eliot Spitzer (Also dumb. The sex worker, well, let me state my opinion on sex work below. Forced resignation.)**
- Bill Clinton (Ridiculously dumb. Consenting adults. Hillary may be allowed to cut off the Clenis, no one else's goddam business. Impeached, crippled 2nd term of presidency.)
- Diaper David Vitter (Baby play. Hey, whatever gets you off, peachy. Barely even discussed in the DC Madam case. He is still in the Senate.)
- Newt Gingrich (Made an intern's opinion on cheating and availability to marry him a question for employment interviewees. Has SundayPundit TV show,
ran for presidentwent on book tour.)
- Mark Sanford, newly minted Representative for South Carolina (Hiked the Appalachian Trail all the way to Argentina on the taxpayers dime.)
- Guiliani (serial cheater) Limbaugh (pedophile) Nugent (pedophile) LoofahBill O'Loofah (In a cunning plan, made Andrea Mackris rich, consent, motherfucker, do you speak it!), etc. etc., still highly regarded members of the Wingnut Circus.
And yet, we are the heathenists. Why does the cognitive dissonance not leave splody wingnut headscapes? Hypocrisy, I Got Mine Fuck You, The President Is A Blah, Imma Be Raptured You Ain't'nt, any of these, all of these, or any combination.
**I don't have the slightest inkling of a smidge of a bit of a problem with sex workers, with a few basic crucial considerations:
- Full consent of the sex worker. There must be NO coercion. No UNDERAGE bullshit. (You touch a kid, I'll throw the switch myself.) The worker must get the full benefit of the sex work. In other words, pimps are evil.
- I'd like to see it legal and out in the open, so there is regulation, and the same civil protections afforded any other workplace.
- Safe sex. Safe sex safe sex safe sex. Included in regulation.