Monday, January 14, 2013

Remodel Blogging - Floorgasm, Or, How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Advil

Obligatory soundtrack:


Good day, but seriously, fuck this shit.


I had very unlikely dreams of finishing laminate today, I had plans of finishing laminate tomorrow, but I've only plowed through a third of this stuff, much of it with the welcome help of my sister-in-law's SO, who wanted to learn how to put it in their place, and took to it like a duck to, something a duck likes. I'd done it before, no expert, yet capable, but apparently I'd forgotten why I don't do this for a living. 

Tomorrow's start - Blech
Bedroom and closet
It was a good day, really, what is done looks amazing, just ridiculously painful and slower than I expected, had the tunes and caffeine aplenty, SO is good company, good practice in case I want to do it for a living.

Now that a rhythm, indeed, even counterpoint, has been established, I no longer have effective control of my (yes, bandaged) hands - they are responding more or less, but being argumentative little bastards about it - I had to call it an evening, SO went home with dreams of putting in anything other than damnable laminate, and sweetie is finding something edible. 
Ta.
Ow.

Workstation - stereo, laptop, seat. (Not pictured - Scotch)

  
Not an entirely useful view

2 comments: